If you own a Bank Account in Nigeria or wish to open a bank account, then you must have known that bank verification Number is required in other to be able to run some transactions or possibly for your account verification/identification. So with that, here is how you can apply for your Bank Verification Number and the various BVN Registration requirements.
And as part of the requirements, customers are to enroll with their banks to get their unique Bank Verification Numbers. Without it, you won’t be able to make any transaction with your Bank.
BVN is very important for so many reasons you can think of, and below are some of its important reasons why you should register yours.
- For easy identification across all banks in Nigeria
- To protect your account from unauthorized persons
Also, check out the importance of the BVN, the ongoing N-power programme needs it before you can apply to get paid on the N-power platform. So you can now see that you BVN is very important
While applying for a bank verification number, you should note that it is done once, even if you open another account with another bank, that one you did in your own bank will be linked to the other accounts.
BVN Registration Requirements
For enrollment, you will be needing the following:
- A means of identification – any of the following will do; Nigerian National ID Card, International Passport, Driver’s License, or Voters Registration Card.
- Then a recent photo Paragraph.
- Then your presence will be needed because your fingerprints, signature, and facial photograph will be captured.
Note: BVN Registration is not done for Somebody.
How to Apply for Bank Verification Number
For easy registration, see the steps below.
- Visit your bank branch in your location
- Ask for the Enrollment Form
- Carefully fill the form with the required information and submit
- The requirements stated above will be taken
That’s all, wait for your unique bank verification number.
How to Check your BVN Via Mobile phone
To check your Bank Verification Number on your mobile phone is very easy, it doesn’t require an internet-connected device or whatsoever. The code below must be dialed via the mobile number linked to your BVN
- Simply dial *565*0# and your BVN will be displayed (Charges may apply)
Hope this article was helpful?
Kindly share your thoughts with us using the COMMENT BOX below. Also Feel free to Share BVN Registration Requirements on your Social Media Account, So that others can Still Know About It. Thanks