A vacancy exists at the World Health Organization and the agency seeks Application from a suitably qualified individual who wishes to work with the organization. In this article, we will be taking you through the process on how to Apply for World Health Organization Job Vacancy in simple steps.
Before you go ahead to Apply for the Job Position available, you should know that the World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency that is concerned with international Public Health
If you must be part of the mission to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and also to lead & coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks, provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations, then you must be all-around eligible.
Below are the details of the WHO current recruitment and how to apply it.
Apply for World Health Organization Job Vacancy – WHO Recruitment
- Job Title: Public Health Officer (Full-time)
- Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Ref No: 1703192
- Grade: NO-C
Below are some of the duties you are to likely to perform (Not all) if your application is accepted.
- Assess threats to human life and health, damage to health infrastructure for primary and secondary care, the state of health referral and support systems
- Facilitate the implementation of effective, evidence-based policies, public health programs, and interventions through all life cycles.
- Secure information from a broad range of health sectors, analyzing such and consolidating health data in trends and trends assessment, with particular attention to surveillance, monitoring, and early warning.
- Collaborate with national authorities and health partners to coordinate and implement public health response activities as part of the health cluster’s strategic response
- Analyze existing coordination mechanisms, designing, and recommending improvements.
- Provide analysis of the public health risks, needs, and capacities and advise on priority interventions for WHO and partners
- Monitor progress towards achievement of universal health coverage; analyze social determinants of health and their impact on the incident management system
- Coordinate meetings with all relevant partners and incident management team, producing and circulating minutes, related decisions and tracking the latter
- Ensure compliance with IASC principles and the Humanitarian Programme Cycle in delivering WHO’s health response.
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor
- Provide input to communications and information products (Sitreps, health cluster bulletins, outbreak bulletins, etc) as required
- A University degree in public health and/or health-related fields from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Masters or Doctorate degree in public health. Postgraduate studies or specialized training in emergency response or disaster management in the context of public health. Diploma in tropical medicine or diploma in disaster management
- At least five(5) years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in public health in emergency response or health sector coordination, with emphasis on managing outbreaks and health emergencies and/or health consequences of emergencies and crises.
- Experience in capacity building, developing, and promoting collaborative partnerships.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations, or relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Experience in capacity building program planning/development, project management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Experience with resource mobilization in emergency settings.
- Team Work
- Producing Results
- Respecting and Promoting Individual & Cultural Differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified Applicants should Click the Link Below to Apply, There you will also find more information regarding the Job.
Let others who might be interested know by Sharing World Health Organization Job Vacancy on your Social Media Account using the Buttons Below.