It’s on course that you might have several kinds of emails in which you signed up for, so as to help you pass messages across to your recipients and equally receive them back. But the fact remains that those email messages might be insecure which you would not even have the idea about. So, therefore, the fact remains that with the Bitmessage window encryption service, you can be able to send and secure your email messages once and for all without any issue.
The Bitmessage window encryption service helps you to encrypt your data such as your password. This service allows you to decrypt the password, and equally generate any number of addresses which enables you to receive messages. Although, a public key crypto is built in, and even if someone tries to access your messages illegally, the person cannot be able to read your messages.
How to Set Up Bitmessage Window Encryption Service
This site will provide for you below how you can be able to generate your own address and thereby send and secure your messages with the Bitmessage window encryption service.
- At first, you have to go to click the Bitmessage website to visit the official page via your web browser.
- Then scroll down, download and then install the application on your device.
- Once you’ve downloaded the application, you’ll then be requested to connect to the internet. Just click on “Connect Now’ and then tap “Ok.”
- Although, if you want to configure your network via your Windows, you’ll then have to allow Bitmessage to connect to Private networks then choose ‘Allow Access’.
- If your computer connects to the internet with a proxy server, select ‘Let me configure special network settings first’ to input your network settings. Once the Bitmessage window appears red, it definitely indicates that you cannot be able to derive a connection.
- To get started, click the ‘New Identity’ button on the bottom left of the Bitmessage client window. Choose either ‘Use a random number generator to make an address’ or ‘Use a passphrase to make addresses’ then click ‘Ok’ to continue.
- To set an image, you can click on the address and select “Set avatar.
If you chose to create a Bitmessage identity using the random number generator, the configuration data will be saved to the file ‘keys.dat’ in ‘%APPDATA%\PyBitmessage’.
If your ‘keys.dat’ in ‘%APPDATA%\PyBitmessage’ file is lost or damaged, you won’t be able to send or receive any messages using the Bitmessage identities you previously created. To keep your messages safe, make sure to backup ‘keys.dat’ to a secure location.
How to Send Messages with Bitmessage
Once you’ve set up your Bitmessage, you’ll then have to share your addresses your contacts and start sending messages.
- Once you’ve set up the contacts addresses, just go to the ‘Send’ tab and click ‘Add Contact’ at the bottom left of the window.
- Enter the Bitmessage address you wish to choose and then click “OK” once you’re done.
- To send a message to your contact, just go to the “Send” tab. Use the drop-down menu next to ‘From’ to select the identity from which you want to send the message.
- Use the fields below to enter a subject line and message body respectively. Click the ‘Send’ button at the bottom right.
- To view messages sent to individual addresses, simply click on the address of the person. To deactivate an address, right-click it and choose ‘Disable’.
How to Secure your Bitmessage
The Bitmessage protocol has a strong built-in protection to help protect you from spammers. This is so because each message been sent will require the client to complete a ‘proof of work’ algorithm. You can also prevent spam by regularly disabling old identities and creating new ones so that only trusted contacts will have your address.
Although, there are other steps you need to take as another alternative to protect your Bitmessage. See the steps below:
- Click on the ‘Blacklist’ tab. From here, you can block select addresses or set up an exclusive ‘Whitelist’ so that only messages from pre-approved addresses get through.
- To get started, choose between ‘Use a Blacklist’ or ‘Use a Whitelist’.
- Then click ‘Add new entry’. This is where you’ll have to enter a label and then the address you wish to filter.
- Click ‘OK’ to save. This is when the address will appear in the ‘List’ box.
How to Subscribe to Bitmessage
The Bitmessage client supports subscriptions (also known as ‘Broadcast addresses’) to allow you to send messages to many people at the same time, which is quite similar to an email subscription.
- To get started, select the ‘Subscriptions’ tab. By default, your client is subscribed to ‘Atheros’ which provides updates about Bitmessage such as when new versions are available.
- You can also find a list of subscriptions for other topics on the Bitmessage forum.
- Then click the ‘Add new Subscription’ button and paste the address of your chosen list in the ‘Address’ field. You can return the ‘Subscriptions’ tab at any time to view new messages.
You can leave your Comment below if you have any. You’re also free to Share this post.