Do you need to retrieve or know your BVN number with your mobile device using USSD code? or do you need to Check BVN on your mobile phone without visiting your bank’s branch?
Then you are certainly on the right page because that is the reason for this article just read the step below.
Why The BVN is Important
- Bank accounts of customers are protected from unauthorized access.
- It tackles cases of identity theft and consequently cuts out the exposure to fraud.
- The biometric identification system employed to increase the odds of the Banking Industry in being able to fish out blacklisted customers.
- It exposes fraudulent accounts and unusual financial activities on an individual’s bank account.
- The BVN system standardizes the efficiency of banking operations.
- Great reduction in banking hall queueing.
- Individual bank customer will under the system posses a unique BVN which is accepted as a means of identification across all Nigerian banks.
How to Check BVN Via Mobile Phones (USSD Code)
You can Check BVN with your mobile phone on MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9Mobile (Etisalat) network by;
- With the line registered on your bank account dial *565*0#
- Wait for a few seconds for the NIBSS to respond with your 11-digits BVN
- There is a charge of twenty Naira only #20.00 attached to the inquiry.
You can also Check BVN in cases of lost Sim Card which was used for registration simply by;
- You can walk to the bank with the Transaction ID issued to you when you enrolled for the BVN