No doubt that Uber is considered to be one of the most popular ride services across the globe currently. Although, this doesn’t guarantee that the company is the only option for riding services in the world. Should there be any case where you feel that you don’t like the policies of the company, their privacy protections, how they treat their drivers, the surge pricing popup, or even the latest redesign, You are free to choose whether to delete your Uber account or not. Be it using their app, or through your web browser, the steps to take have been preferred for you on this site.
It has been accounted for that one of the reasons why Uber users particularly those in New York decided to delete the company’s app on their respective phones, which contains their account information on it is because of the reason why Uber decided to eliminate the “Surge pricing” immediately after the strike of the NYTWA (New York Taxi Driver Workers Alliance). This has in-turn sparked other users into deleting their Uber apps from their own phones and sharing the screenshots via social media.
How to Delete Your Uber Account
If you’re making use of a web browser, just follow the steps below and de-activate your Uber account successfully:
- The first thing to do is to go to https://help.uber.com/h/24010fe7-7a67-4ee5-9938-c734000b144ain your web browser.
- Secondly, click on “Sign In To Get Help.”
- The next step is where you’ll have to enter the email address which you used to create the Uber account.
- Then enter your Uber password and click on “Next.”
- Scroll down below and choose “ You’ll also have to tap on one of the boxes to confirm. After that, enter a reason if you have something specific you want to share on the box below and click on “Submit”
Your account has been successfully deleted. That’s how simple it is!
Read more: How to Delete HitWe Account Profile
How to Delete Your Uber Account in the App
If you’re using the Uber app, here’s how you’ll delete your account:
- First step: Go to the Settings section of your app menu.
- Second step: Click on the “Privacy Settings.”
- Third step: Click on “Delete Account” and follow the necessary steps on your screen
It’s just simple! Your account has been finally deleted via app meaning that you can go ahead and remove the app from your mobile phone.
Note: You can also be able to restore your account after 30 days of deletion.
Was that helpful? Leave a Comment below for more update on this post. And also Share this page.