Should there be any case where you notice an unusual activity of your Gmail account been hacked or may be accessed by another user, probably as an act of carelessness or illegal hacking by another user? That’s not a big deal as this site will provide you with the necessary guideline on how you can be able to detect your Gmail account external user and how to de-activate the access from that user.
Having your account being accessed by an external might come in different ways; one of which might be as a result of forgetting to log out your Gmail account from another device that is not yours. This might result in the owner of that device gaining access to your account without your notice. Google has made it easier for users to detect the IP address of the device used, the location, and the browser which the user used with the account. Read further below and see how you can be able to signal and detect your Gmail account external user access.
How to Detect your Gmail Account External User
Follow the steps below and find out those that have an illegal access to your Gmail account:
- Firstly, go to your Gmail account.
- Click on “Settings” from the menu.
- Then go to the Accounts and Import
- The list of people gaining access to your Gmail account will be shown to you.
- Click on “Delete” to cancel the external user access.
How to Detect the IP Address Linked to Your Gmail Account
With the help of Google, you can be able to see the IP address that gained access to your Gmail. See the steps below:
- Go to Gmail via your web browser.
- Click on “Details” located at the bottom right corner of the page.
- From here, you’ll see the device that accessed your account via the IP address, and when it was accessed.
- You can also click on “Show details” to see more information about the device that accessed the account.
How to Preview Your Emails from the External’s Gmail User Account
There are ways whereby you can be able to preview your emails from another user’s account after being accessed by that user.
- Go to the Settings and click on “Accounts and Import.”
- Then go to “Grant access to your account.”
- You can click on “Add an email account.”
- Then enter another Gmail address to preview your account from there.
- Click on “Forwarding” and then POP/IMAP to review.
How to Protect Your Account from Further External Access
After going through the aforementioned procedures outlined for you above, it’s important you learn how to secure yourself in case of such activity on your Gmail account.
You have to note that if you’re trying to log into your Gmail via a browser or probably an email program, it’s better you don’t allow the browser to remember/save your password. This is one big mistake users do make. This is because if you allow such, your Gmail account will only be secure as long as you’re still with the access. But if you lose the device or give it to someone else, then know that the person can log into your account if he/she wish to do so.
If you wish to change your former password to something more secure. You can follow the steps below:
- Go to Accounts and Import.
- Click on Other Google Account Settings.
- Then click on “Sign-in & Security.”
- From there, you can now choose a strong password of your choice. You can consider increasing the number it from the previous one.
Read more: Gmail.com Sign Up New Account
Helpful, was it? You can Share this post with your friends, and equally Leave a Comment below.