Facebook Avatar feature, which lets you customize a virtual lookalike of yourself for use as stickers in comments and Messenger chats, is today launching in the U.S. Essentially Facebook’s version of Snap’s Bitmoji, Avatars were first introduced last year and have been since made available in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and Canada.
Based on early feedback, Facebook is also today expanding its range of Avatar customizations to include a variety of new hairstyles, complexions, and outfits.
Avatars may seem a little silly, but they allow for a form of self-expression that extends beyond the capabilities of text and emoji alone.
On digital platforms, using an avatar can be a helpful way to indicate the tone of your comment, so you’re not misinterpreted. Plus, many people like having the option of crafting a digital character that actually looks like them meaning their candy-colored hair, piercings, glasses, goatees, sense of style or anything else doesn’t come across when using just an emoji alone.
One great news here is that the feature is on the Facebook app making it accessible for both android and iOS users. So, what are you waiting for? you can now begin turning your Facebook profiles into cartoon-like versions of yourself.
How to Use Facebook Avatar
Easing your mind from what you’re doing, you need not to worry because you simply can’t use the features on your iOS device or Android device.
Follow the steps closely to create your own Facebook Avatar:
- Open your Facebook app on your iPhone or Android phone, and the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right of your screen.
- Scroll below and tap “See More.”
- You can now tap “Avatars.”
- Tap “Next” and then “Get Started.” You can now proceed.
- Tap to select one of your favorite skin tone options (you can scroll to see them all), and then tap “Next” at the bottom of the screen.
Now from here, you will be able to customize your avatar, below here are the great features of the new Facebook Avatar.
- Skin tone,
- Hair color,
- Face shape,
- Eye shape and color,
- Nose shape,
- Facial hair,
- Body shape and
- Tap the buttons across the top of the Avatars menu to switch between these different customization areas, and then tap one of the options to preview it on your Avatar.
Note: You can tap the mirror icon near the top-right corner of the screen to open your device’s front-facing camera, which will allow you to look at yourself as you create your Avatar.
- Now you’re done customizing your Avatar, tap the checkmark icon in the top-right corner of your screen.
You can now enjoy your new Facebook Avatar, so easy and free…