Online banking is a great deal, in the sense that it helps you monitor your bank accounts. Understanding how to Access Online Banking is an important tool, prior to the fact that new online banks are increasing rapidly. We will show in this post how you can set up your online account, locate important and helpful features of the online banking, and equally secure your online banking.
Online Banking is an electronic payment system that enables customers of a bank or any other financial institution to conduct a range of financial transactions through the financial institution’s website. In order to Access Online Banking, a customer with internet access will need to register with the institution for the service, and setup other credentials, username, and password for customer verification. Now read below and get the full tip.
Steps on How to Access Online Banking
Follow the guideline below and learn how to Access Online Banking. The steps are listed below:
- Open a Bank Account: In order to use an online banking, it is important to have a bank account to access and manage online. Frankly, Not like the physical banks, we see around us. You’ll have to go to the online banking website and follow the instructions for opening an account.
- Set up your Online Account: After processing the first step of opening an online bank account, you’ll be able to their website and enable online access to your account. This comes with identification like; Federal ID number, Social Security number, Driver’s license number, DOB, and account number.
- Choose Username and Password: You will equally need a username and password for extra safety. Select a username that is not used for another account, and equally avoid using the same password for multiple accounts. It is advisable not to use DOB s, Social Security numbers, and other identifiable information in your passwords and usernames
- Set up your Contact Information: It is likely that you will be asked for your contact information. You can also use the online portal to change your contact and billing information in the near future. It is equally important you always know what address the bank has on file for you, as certain transactions with your bank card might require a billing zip code for verification. Make sure you input a contact email address with an email account in which you check frequently in case the bank wants to send vital information to you via email.
- Learn about the Portal: After setting up your account, try to as much as possible to learn how things work in the banking portal. In case you have more than one account, constantly check how each of them looks like and how they operate. For example; how to locate important pages, and equally how to securely log out.
- Opt out of Paper Statements: One great feature of the online banking is the option of getting digital or electronic bank statements than the traditional paper statements. This can help you stay more organized and on top of your accounts. Most online banking portals will have a tab where you can view your statements in electronic form; e.g., PDF and Harddrive.
- Use online Bill Pay service: Many online banks offers free bill pay service through your online banking portal, where you can pay utilities, rent, and other monthly charges. You might also have the option to schedule these payments ahead of time. Many services now have the option to link your bank account for automatic payments, which you can then monitor through your online banking portal. So you have to always set up automatically scheduled payments if you are sure the funds will be in your account on the day those bills will be processed.
- Apply for Credit or Loans through the portal: Since you are now a considered member of the bank, you can often sign up for new accounts as well using the online banking portal. If you log in, you’ll eventually access all the information the bank has on file for you. You can apply for new credit lines, new accounts, loans, or even mortgages.
- Check for Special Offers in the portal: Online banking portals often have message inboxes where you will be frequently notified based on new account statements, and changes to your account information. All you have to do is to regularly locate and check the inbox because it’s very important, because credit lines, low introductory rates, the high-yield savings account might be offered to you in that message inbox.
- Transfer money between accounts: The online banking portal can be used to transfer money between your accounts, or to other people that have accounts at the same bank and accounts to other partner banks. But make sure you know what fees may apply to this service, unlike transferring to your own accounts which are a free service.
- Make use of Mobile Banking App: Many banks normally have their respective Smartphone app for quick access. So all you need do is to search for your bank’s Smartphone App in the Google store. And make sure the App is owned and managed by your bank. This app can equally be used to transfer money and monitor account balances.
- Avoid using online banking on Public Wifi connection: This very vital because of hackers and steal your information when they notice it’s transmitted over encrypted signals. So you need to avoid inputting any personal information, including passwords and banking information. You can consider downloading encryption software onto your browser to keep your information safe.
- Desist from the Public while banking on your Smartphone: It is not advisable for you to allow people to see your screen while banking online. Reason being that somehow it is inevitable for the screen not to be seen when doing so. In order to keep your password and banking information private, you have to make sure no one is standing close to you because you don’t know who is who.
- Monitor your accounts in case of any Fraud or Theft: Try to monitor and secure your accounts from any unauthorized charges. Online banking offers 24/7 access to your accounts, which make it easier for you to monitor the activity in them. Contact the bank immediately if there is any confused sort of charges. That is why it’s just so cool to Access Online Banking.
Read also: How to Verify Your Google Account
Don’t hesitate to share this post, and leave your comment to let’s know your view.