With homegroup on your Windows 7 PC, you can be able to share files like Music, images, videos, documents, and printers easily on a home network. All you need is to connect with other users in your homegroup and start sharing files with them. Everything you need to know about Windows 7 homegroup network has been prepared for you in this site.
Upon your homegroup set up, you can decide to create or join the network. But before you do that, you’ll need the homegroup password, which you can get from the person who created the homegroup and even change at any time. Once you finally create or join a homegroup, you can, therefore, select the media files that you want to share.
When you join a homegroup, all user accounts on your computer becomes members of the homegroup. Until the other computers join your homegroup, you won’t be able to access their shared files. If you decide that you no longer want to belong to a homegroup, you can leave it by removing your computer from it. After you leave a homegroup, you will no longer be able to access files and printers other people have shared with that homegroup.
How to Acess Windows 7 Homegroup Network
In order to use of the Windows 7 homegroup network, you have to make sure that your Computer is running Windows 7. This is because HomeGroup is available in all editions of Windows 7. Now, I’m going to show you how you can be able to join, share libraries, and even connect via the Windows 7 homegroup network.
How to Join Homegroup
To join a homegroup, follow these steps on the computer that you want to add to the homegroup:
- What you’ll first do is to tap on your Start button.
- The next is to click on the control panel.
- Then tap on the Network and Internet option.
- You’ll then have to tap on “Homegroup.”
- Finally, click “Join now” and then complete the wizard.
If you don’t see the Join now button, there might not be a homegroup available. Make sure that someone has created a homegroup first. Or you can choose to create a homegroup yourself.
If you want to add computers to the homegroup, you can still follow the steps above. But here, you have to wait for another Windows 7 computer to connect before you can be able to start.
How to Share Libraries on Homegroup
Follow these steps on a computer that belongs to the homegroup and has libraries that you want to share:
- Still, click on the Start button.
- Locate the Control panel and tap on it.
- Click on “Network and Internet.”
- Then click on “Homegroup.”
- Under Share libraries and printers, select the check box for each library you want to share.
- Then click on “Save changes.”
Note: If you want to share to other libraries that you’ve created; Click the Start button > then select your username > select the library you want to share > click “Share with” in the toolbar > Then select the people you want to share with.
How to Access files and printers on other homegroup computers
If you want to access files of other homegroup computers, then you have to follow the steps below:
- You have to first click the Start button
- Then select your username.
- In the navigation panel under the Homegroup, you’ll have to click the user account name of the person whose files you want to access.
- In the file list, double-click the library you want to access, and then double-click the file or folder you want.
Computers that are turned off, hibernating or asleep won’t appear in the navigation pane.
If you have made homegroup files or folders available offline, and then you disconnect from the network, the files or folders will no longer be visible in your Libraries window. To find them, open the Network folder.
How to manually connect to a homegroup printer
Follow the manual process in order to connect to a printer on your Windows 7 homegroup network.
- Click the Start button.
- Then click on the Control Panel.
- You’ll then have to type homegroup in the search box and then click HomeGroup.
- Then select the Printers check box
- Go to the computer you want to print from.
- Click to open HomeGroup.
- Click Install printer.
- After the printer is installed, you can access it through the Print dialogue box in any program, just like a printer that’s directly connected to your computer.
Note: The computer that the printer is connected to must be turned on to use the printer. And again, if you don’t have a driver installed for the printer, click “Install driver” in the dialogue box that appears.
How to Find Homegroup Password
If you want to find your lost homegroup password, follow the steps below:
- Open the Start button and then click on the “Control panel”
- Then open the Network and Internet option.
- Click on “Homegroup”
- Then click “View”
How to leave a homegroup
If you want to leave a homegroup, see how to do it below:
- Open the Start button, and click on the “Control panel.”
- Open Network and Internet, and then click on “Homegroup.”
- Then click “Leave the Homegroup.”
- Once you’ve done that, you can then click “Finish.”
Hope it was helpful. You can leave your Comment in the box below. You can also Share this post.