Do you know that you can still be able to change your computer system password if you want to? The reason for this is the fact that your computer might be prone to an external user be it your family member or your friend. Sometimes you might even be wondering what will happen to your system when your friends or siblings know your user password. Come to think of the prospect whereby you have files stored on your system that you do not want anyone to have access to. Well, the most important thing is for you to always change your password whenever you feel that more people have known the current one. So this site is just the right destination for the information you need on how you can be able to change computer user account password.
Passwords are just so important that it serves as a key to unlock a computer system and equally have access to. No doubt the reason why it’s been used to secure several kinds of account, be it financial accounts and also social service accounts. If you don’t want your account to be accessed by another person without your permission, then a password is definitely the right tool for this. The same goes for your computer system because of the fact that there are files and other things stored on it which you don’t want another person to have access to. But even though they finally get hold of your password, you can still change it. So read further below and see the steps required for you to change computer user account password.
Steps to Change Computer User Account Password
Using the step-by-step method below tends to be able to help you through the process.
- The first step you need to take is to click on the “Start” button on the bottom left corner of your computer system home screen.
- You’ll then have to click on the “Control Panel” at the left side of the computer Start option.
- You’ll then see the Computer Settings options where you’ll be able to see the “User Accounts and Family Safety” option. You just have to click on it to open.
- Once it’s open, you’ll see other associated options like User Accounts, Parental Controls, Windows CardSpace, Credential Manager, and Mail. You just have to click on the “User Accounts” option.
- Then tap on “Change your password.”
- You’ll then have to enter your current password > your new password you want to use > and then enter the same new password in the Confirm password field.
- Then after that, click “Change password” to complete.
If it’s your first time of inserting a password in your Windows PC, you just have to still follow the process. But the only difference is that you won’t see the “Change your password” option, but rather you’ll be requested to “Create your password” and then confirm.
Also, in the User Accounts option, you can also remove your password if you don’t want to make use of passwords by clicking on “Remove your password” option.
You can also change your account name, which is also the name of your computer’s user admin. Not only that, if you want to add your picture in your user admin, you can also see the option in there.