It has come to terms that computers have several features installed. Some of which you might not even have an idea of, or even though you have the idea you may not even know how to use them. WI-FI hotspot is what you might be familiar with if you’re accessing your Android device thoroughly. The bottom line here is that you might know how to use it via phone-to-phone but having an idea that you can be able to connect it via phone-to-computer is not something you may be familiar with. So that is why I’m going to show you how you can be able to connect device WI-FI network from an Android phone to a PC.
In as much as the fact that you’re familiar with a computer WI-FI hotspots, don’t necessarily mean that you know everything about it. You might be familiar with that of USB tethering but are you aware that you can still connect it without the use of a USB? You might be saying that after all both serve the same functionality of internet browsing and that there’s no need for you to take this step. But be rest assured that this method is better than that of USB tethering. The steps that will guide you to connect device WI-FI network without the requirement of a USB cable has been properly packaged for you on this site.
Steps to Connect Device WI-FI Network without USB Cable
Follow the steps below and get started:
- The first thing you need to do is to have your PC switched on.
- Via your Smartphone, you just have to go “Settings” on the home screen and tap on it.
- Then you have to locate the “Tethering & portable hotspot” and then tap on it.
- Once it’s open, you then have to switch on the WI-FI hotspot.
- Once you’ve played the part on the Smartphone, you then move over to your PC.
- Then locate the service icon on the taskbar of your PC and tap on it.
- A wireless network connection bearing your Android device’s wireless user will appear.
- Tap on the active hotspot user and click on “Connect” to stimulate a connection. If you inserted a user password on your WI-FI hotspot you’ll be required to password.
- You’ll then see the active WI-FI connection in progress.
- After that, you’ll, therefore, notice that the network service of your PC is now active. So all you need do is to switch on the data connection of your Phone and start browsing.
That’s just how swift and easy it’s done!
Justification of this Method
For those of you trying to compare this method with the USB tethering method, I’ll just have to highlight for you the reason why this method is better than that of USB tethering method.
- One fact about this method is that you don’t need to start looking for a USB cable because it requires none. Sometimes with a flick contact on the cable, it will just disconnect.
- Better still, you can keep your phone far away from your PC and still secure the connection.
- Have you noticed that charging your Smartphone device through your PC is not healthy? Well, with this method you can connect your direct charger while the connection is still active.
Was that helpful? Just leave a Comment below and also Share this post.