Setting up a ProtonMail account is not only easy, but the steps are very clear and understandable. You can be able to send and receive emails to and from another user. The unique fact about this mail service is that it doesn’t necessarily require your personal information upon your sign up. One thing you need to be mindful of while using this email service is that there’s no possibility for you to receive email forwarded automatically to another email address via your ProtonMail address. This site has provided for you the procedure required to create free ProtonMail Account.
Whether you’re making use of any device, you can be able to download and install ProtonMail anywhere and anytime. You can also be able to use your own domain name with ProtonMail, meaning that emails sent to and from your domain name can go through ProtonMail and benefit from end-to-end encryption. ProtonMail secure email accounts are fully compatible with other email providers. For those who wish to support ProtonMail, and gain access to extra features and storage, it is now possible to upgrade to a paid account via the dashboard. Read further below and see how you can be able to create free ProtonMail account.
Steps to Create Free ProtonMail Account
To set up a new account at ProtonMail, you need to follow the steps provided for you below.
- The first thing you need to do is to open the ProtonMail sign-up page in your browser.
- You then have to go to the Select Your ProtonMail Account Type option and then click “Select free plan.” If the free account’s section is not shown, you can click on “Free” to expand. You can also change your account type at any time after signing up.
- Then enter the username you want to use under “Username and domain.” It’s advisable you use lowercase characters.
- The next thing you need is to go to the “Choose a login password” option to enter a password. Then tap on “Confirm login password” under the Login Password option.
- The next thing to do is where you’ll have to enter your encryption password for your emails over “Choose a mailbox password” and then confirm your mailbox password under the “Mailbox password.” You have to make sure to use a safe password, as this password enables you to encrypt your emails and folders.
- Finally, you’ll then have to click “Create account.”
You have to bear in mind that you cannot be able to recover or reset your protonMail encryption password if you lose it. Your email account will be locked up and inaccessible at the very moment you lose your password, making it possible for the person that stole your password to be making use of it.
Anytime you lose your normal account password and want to recover it, you need to enter an existing email address under the “Recovery email” option. You’ll then receive account recovery options to recover your account password.
Not difficult, was it? You just have to drop your Comment in the box below. And you’re also free to Share this post.