With a Microsoft account, it is now easier for you to be able to sign up for a Skype account. This app lets you engage in conversation with your friends. Not only that, the most intriguing part of this app is that you can equally hook up with them on live video chat anywhere and anytime. This site has prepared for you how you can be able to successfully create Skype account.
With lots of features associated with Skype, you can be able to access your account on either your Pc or your Mobile Smartphone. You have to bear in mind that signing up for Skype account with your Microsoft account practically means that both accounts are been linked together. Once you sign up, it is important for you to call someone you know that has a Skype account in order for the person to have your own username. So therefore, the steps below will guide you on the step-by-step needed for you to successfully create Skype account.
Steps Required to Create Skype Account
- On your mobile device, go to your Apple or Play Store and download the Skype app.
- After installing the app, go to your home screen and tap on the app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on “Create account.”
- Then enter your Phone number in the provided field. If you want to use your email, then tap on “Use your email instead.” Tap on “Next” at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “Create a password” field to add a password, and then tap “Next”
- Enter your First and last names in the text fields, and then tap “Next.”
- Then type in your DOB in the text field and tap “Next.”
- You’ll then have to verify your account by typing a four-digit code been sent to you via your mobile number or in your email inbox. Then tap on “Next” for confirmation.
After skipping, you’ll then be directed to the main home page of your Skype account.
I’ll now have to show you the steps to set up Skype account on your Windows PC.
- Go to skype.com and search for Skype app to download it.
- Once you’ve finished downloading the Skype .dmg file, you’ll then have to drag the Skype icon into the applications folder.
- Then tap on the Skype icon in your applications folder.
- After that, you have to Read and accept the Skype user agreement.
- Then tap on “Don’t have a Skype name.”
- You’ll have to enter a username and password and then tap on “Create.”
- Then next step is where you’ll have to fill out your profile information and then click on “Apply.”
Now that’s how easy it is to create Skype account! You can now proceed with other features which you need to access on your Skype account.
How to Add Friends on Skype
Once you’ve been able to create Skype account, you’ll also have to learn how you can be able to add friends. The steps that will help you do that have also been drafted below. Once the person is added to your contact list, but will appear offline until they accept your request. After they’ve accepted your request, you can see when they’re online and make free voice and video calls with them. But at first, you have to make sure that you have an active internet connection.
- On your Skype home screen, you have to select “Contacts.”
- Then tap on the “Add contact” icon or click directly in the search text box and type Skype name or email of the person you want to add and click “Search”
- After searching, select your friend from the search results and click “Add to Contacts.”
- Write a note to indicate yourself and message to the person and for then click Send.
Updating your status is quite important on Skype as this enables your friend to know whether you’re active or not. To do this on mobile, tap on the “My Info” tab. Then for Windows PC/Mac, you have to tap on your profile picture to update your status.
It’s better to Change your profile picture as it gives your friends the perception about what you currently look like. To change your profile picture on your mobile, tap on “My Info” and then tap on your profile picture and then select “Remove Profile Picture.” But for the Windows PC/Mac, tap on the Camera icon on the profile picture preview, and then browse for your picture.
You can also decide to set your status to offline if you don’t want people to see you online on Skype. If you want to set your to offline on Mobile, tap on My Info > click Change Status > then set to Offline. Then as for Windows PC/Mac, click on File > click on Change Status > set to Offline.
How to delete your Skype account
Deleting your Skype account removes your data entirely, including your contact list and your chat history. This will therefore stay up to 30 days before your account will be finally wiped out from Skype, indicating that the account is finally closed. Follow the steps below to delete your Skype account.
- Sign in to your registered Skype account.
- Go to your settings, locate the Settings and Preferences, and then click on “Account Settings.”
- Then click on the “Unlink” option located near the Microsoft account. That’s if your Skype account is linked to your Microsoft account.
- After that, a confirmation message will then appear. You’ll then have to click on “Continue” to confirm the action.
- After that, your Skype account will then be unlinked from your Microsoft account.
Note: If you’re unable to unlink your Skype account from your Microsoft account, you’ll have to contact the Skype Support team. This is because there are limited number of times you could be able to unlink your accounts. Unlinking the accounts just signs you out of your Skype account at the moment.
- The next step you need to take is to cancel your subscription. To do this, you need to go to the Account Settings > Go to the blue bar on the top left corner > Then click on the subscription you want to cancel and then click “Cancel Subscription.”
- Select “I still want to cancel” to confirm.
- You have to cancel your Skype number before finalizing your plan to close your account. To do this, click “Skype Number” in the Manage Features icon. Click on “Settings” and then tap on the “Cancel Skype Number” option.
- You’ll then have to go to the Account Details icon and then click on “Billing & Payments”. From there, you’ll then have to tap on “Disable” under the Auto-Recharge icon next to Status.
- Finally, now that you’ve cancelled the subscriptions, you’ll then have to contact the Skype Customer Service to inform them that you want to delete your account.
Download app on Play Store here > play.google.com/Skype
On Apple Store, click here> skype-for-iphone/
Mac download > skype-for-mac
Download for Windows PC > skype-on-pc
Was that helpful? Let’s have your take on this.