Snapchat is a social media mobile app that enables you to communicate with your family and friends through photos and videos. If you’re able to create Snapchat account for yourself, you can be able to share photos and videos to your contacts online that are also making use of the social media platform. Whether you’re using an iPhone, Android, or PC devices, Snapchat is compatible which makes it a real deal. But you have to make sure that you’re above 13years of age before you can be able to create Snapchat account.
Just like other popular social media sites, Snapchat is so cool and fun to use. That’s the reason why there are a huge amount of people currently making use of the app. One thing you have to note about Snapchat is that whenever you share media (Photos and Videos) to someone, it can, therefore, be viewed by the other user within a period of time before being deleted permanently. The guidelines that’ll help you to create Snapchat account have been prepared for you in this site.
Steps to Create Snapchat Account
The step-by-step method provided for you below will ensure that you successfully master how to create Snapchat account and also use it.
- At first, what you need to do is to download the Snapchat app on your device’s store, or you can go to snapchat.com.
- Once you open the site, you’ll have to click on “Sign Up” in order to create your first Snapchat account.
- You have to type your first and last names in the fields provided.
- After that, then click on the “Sign up & Accept” icon.
- Then input your DOB and then click on “Continue.”
- You’ll then be required to choose a username of choice, which will serve as your user ID on Snapchat. Click “Continue” to move to another step.
- The next thing for you is to enter your email address and then click “Continue.”
- After that, Snapchat will then send you an email message in order to verify your email address.
- Then follow the instructions been sent to you via the email to verify your email address and then proceed.
- You’ll then have to choose a password of your choice which will be a mixture of letters, numbers, and symbols, and then tap “Continue.”
- Then enter you’re your mobile phone number and click “Continue.”
- A CAPTCHA will be sent to you in order to confirm whether you’re a human or not. Click on “Continue” once you’ve finished selecting the right images been shown to you.
Now that you’ve finally created your account, you can now start making use of your Snapchat account and enjoy the fun moments. There’s also the Settings icon located at the top right corner of the page for you to make any changes if you want to.
How to Use your Snapchat Account
Before you start to communicate with other users on Snapchat, you’ll first have to add friends that you’ll be communicating with.
How to Chat on Snapchat
Snapchat will first have to scan your contact lists in order to indicate those that are on Snapchat to add. In order to add a user, click on the icon of the person been provided for you > then click Add Friends. You can also add friends by either searching for their Snapchat usernames or by syncing your phone’s contacts.
How to Chat on Snapchat
Just like I stated before that Snapchat involves sharing of media files like photos and videos, I’ll then have to show you how you can be able to involve in such activity. To take a photo on Snapchat, you’ll just have to the main screen page > then click on the bigger button in the bottom centre. But if it’s a video you want to send, you’ll just have to hold onto that same bigger button so as to record a video.
One other interesting thing about the photo or video you want to send on Snapchat is that you can still add a caption to it in order to direct a message if you want to. Not only that, you can still make drawings on the picture, add stickers or emojis, or even make a sticker for yourself which you can equally send to the person.
If you want to send your media file, click on the arrow button at the bottom right corner of the screen to view your contact lists > select who you want to send to > then click the arrow button to send. For confirmation, you have to go to the “Chat page” in order to determine whether your message has been sent or even opened.
On the other way round, you can view the messages been sent to you by another user once you go to the Chat Page, and then click on the display name of the sender. But you have to note that once you start viewing the photo or video been sent to you, there is a timer been scheduled for you. Once it counts down to zero, you’ll no longer be able to view the sent snap. You can still take a screenshot of the message been sent to you if you feel like you don’t want to go through the message at that very moment. You don’t have to worry because the sender will be notified immediately that you’ve taken a screenshot of his/her message.
How to Delete Someone
If you want a particular user to stop sending or viewing your snaps, you’ll just have to block or delete the user. But you have to note that if you block the person, the display name of the user will still appear at the bottom of the contacts list indicating that the user has been blocked. But if you decide to delete the user, then his/her display name will totally disappear from your contacts list.
Was that helpful? Just leave your Comment in the box below. You’re also free to Share this post.