With the Windows 7 battery power plans, you can be able to control and maximize the performance of your device so as to enable it to suit you and equally help to save the battery life. With this power plan, you can also determine how your computer uses power and how to reduce it. So, therefore, if you want to make your computer device last longer, then you have to know about the Windows 7 battery power plans to serve as a guide.
There are about three power plans/options that help you to manage your Computer’s power, such as; the Balanced option, the Power saver option, and also the High performance option. Each having the specific work it actually does so as to reduce the high power consumption in your system. Apart from the Balanced and the Power Saver options which are been set at default, you can still set the High performance option as an additional power option. You have to read further on this site so as to manage your Windows 7 battery power plans.
More About the Windows 7 Battery Power Plans
All you need to know about setting up computer power plans; How to open, create, and delete power plans have been detailed for you below.
How to Choose a Power Plan
By default, you’ll see that there are just the Balanced and the Power Saver options been set. But you can still request for the High Performance option. If you want to do this, there are steps to do this.
- At first, tap on the battery icon.
- Select “More power options.”
- Then tap on “Show additional plans.”
You can still change the plan settings and set it to our desired meter if you want to.
How To Change Single Power Plan Settings
There are ways whereby you can set your computer power plans prior to how you want it. You can do so by setting the period of inactivity, adjust the brightness display, and also choose when to turn off display during periods of inactivity. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the “Power Options” under the Hardware and Sound option of the Control Panel.
- Under each of the plans, you’ll see “Change plan settings.” You just have to tap on it.
- You’ll then have to choose the sleep and display settings that you want to use on your computer.
How To Change Settings for all Power Plans
This option allows you to make changes to all the power plans combined. Here, you will choose the password to unlock it when it wakes from sleep. And also, from there you can decide what your computer does. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the Power Options.
- On the left side, you’ll see options like; Require a password on wakeup, Choose what the power button does, or Choose what closing the lid does.
- Depending on the one you want to set, you can just select one and configure after which you’ll click “Save changes.”
Note: If you’re not able to change the power settings, you’ll just have to contact your system administrator. Before you can be able to change power settings on a computer that you’re connected to by using Remote Desktop Connection, you must be logged on as an administrator on the remote computer.
How to Create your Own Power Plan
You can create your own plan and customize it to suit your needs. In order to do this, you have to follow the steps provided for you below.
- Click on the Power Options to open it.
- At the left side, you’ll see “Create a power plan.”
- Then select the type of plan that you want to create > give the plan a desired name > then click “Next.”
- Then configure the display, the sleep, and the brightness settings that you want to use.
- Then click “Create.”
How to Delete a Plan
If you created power plans that you no longer use or need, you can also delete them. But you need to have it in mind that once you delete a plan, you can’t be able to restore it. So, to delete a plan, see steps below:
- Open the Power Options.
- Click “Change plan settings” under the plan you want to delete.
- Then tap on “Delete this plan.”
- After that, click OK to confirm.
Note: You can’t be able to delete the three stable plans; Balanced, Power saver, and the High performance plans. If the plan you want to delete is currently used as your active plan option, then you should switch to another plan and make it your action plan. Only then can you be able to delete the former plan
Was that helpful? You can leave your Comment in the box below. You’re also free to Share this post.