Have you for once tried to reduce your PDF file size but couldn’t and now you’re in search of guides on How To Reduce PDF File Size Online and Offline then this post is certainly for you.
In this post, two possibilities can be found to reduce PDF file size, both online and offline. Here, you will learn how to compress PDF files easily.
Every day, more and more files are stored and sent in a PDF file. E-books, reports, manuals all can be downloaded in a PDF format.
The biggest ‘disadvantage’ of PDF files is that they display high-quality images making the sizes of PDF files become enormous.
Now the images, in a manual or e-book, are of great importance, so deletion is certainly not an option. However, it is possible to compress a PDF file, reducing the overall file according to the set options.
How To Compress PDF File Size Offline with Free PDF Compressor
The first option to reduce a PDF file size works through an offline method. The program that will be used for this is called Free PDF Compressor and is perhaps the easiest program available to quickly reduce a PDF file.
- To download the file, navigate via your web browser to http://www.freepdfcompressor.com/.
- Click on the GREEN BUTTON to get the file.
- Then you execute the program and leave the START FREE PDF COMPRESSOR at the last step. We will return to the next step.
If the program has been installed and is also open, the following steps are very easy to implement.
- First of all, by clicking on BROWSE, you select the PDF file to be reduced.
- Once it is loaded, you can still choose another folder to save the file – by default, it will be in the same folder where the original is located.
- Under SETTINGS you select image quality, EBOOK should be sufficient for most situations.
- If you click on COMPRESS at the bottom, the program will be ready in a few minutes and the new file can be used immediately.
How To Reduce PDF File Size Online with SmallPDF app
Don’t want to install a program again to perform a simple reduction of a PDF file? After the Free PDF Compressor from the previous steps, SmallPDF is an online application that might make it easier and faster to shrink a PDF file.
To reduce a file via SmallPDF, you first have to go to https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf.
- Once you have arrived at the website, click on CHOOSE FILE, a window opens that allows you to select the file to be scaled down.
- Then confirm your option by clicking OPEN.
- Once the file has been uploaded, give the website more than a few minutes to compress it.
- Then the smaller file can be downloaded directly with the button on the left.
- The website also gives you the option to upload the file to Google Drive and Dropbox, should that be your preference.
Now with the help of this post you are able to learn How To Reduce PDF File Size.
Kindly make use of our comment section below for more inquiries and also click the share icon button and share.