Register Business Name – Creating a business and boasting of a reliable name is quite uneasy especially in Nigeria but trying to get that amazing business name officially registered is much more easier.
There are many benefits (and detriments) to registering a business name as opposed to an incorporated company, and that is what we are giving to you in this post.
Register Business Name in Nigeria
Usually there are two types of users thus: The general Users and the Accredited Users., you have a step-by-step instruction:
Create an account
- Create an account at http://www.cac.gov.ng
- The online portal will provide you with an electronic form you must fill in
- Go to (if it is your status) Insert your accreditation number (for accredited users!).
- Enter the same e-mail address as used during your accreditation (for accredited users!)
- Insert displayed figures and letters
- Submit it.
Access to the CRP
- Enter the password and username
- Log in
- Having created the profile, you can continue registration with The Corporate Affairs Commission. The right name for your business.
Choose business name
- Log in
- Click on “Name Search”
- Fill in the electronic form
Check if Name is approved
- Log in
- Push on “Action” on the name you just saved
- Push on “Download Name Approval”
- The document will be downloaded at the base of your PC
- Push on “Open” to look at it
- You will see the availability serial number which is needed for further registration.
Register Business Name (Registration guide)
- Save the name
- Log in using your profile details
- Click on “Registration”
- Select the option you need: Business name/Company/Incorporated trustee Insert the availability serial code
- Click on “Continue”
- Insert the details concerning directors, Shareholders, trustees, etc.
For Business Men
Download the document and upload it to document upload interface
- Find “Registration” option
- You will see all the registered companies
- Click on “Download Documents”
- Print it The document must have signatures of the directors/subscribers on it
- Go to www.cac.gov.ng In the middle of the page, you will see “Document Upload” Insert the availability code
- Click on “Originating Office” (you will get the certificate there) Tick “I am not a robot.”
- Click on “Begin” Choose the documents that will be attached
- Click on Submit
Once the payment has been approved, you may then submit the forms online, the CAC will review the documentation and if all is in order the CAC will then notify the registrant that the application has been approved, and the Business Name Certificate is ready for collection.