Flickr is an interesting site where you stand the chance to upload, organize and share your wonderful photos and videos to your family and friends. What makes this service so unique is that you can be able to also share the location where you actually took the picture via your map. Before you can access Flickr account, it’s necessary that you first complete your registration.
Once you have signed up to Flickr, you’ll be connected with your fellow users in the social platform. Once you log in and join the group in the community, you can also interact and share photos or videos with other users in the group. This site has prepared for you steps that will help you to create and access Flickr account.
How to Access Flickr Account
Using the steps below will help you to set up and access Flickr account easily.
- Before you start, you need to first click on this site >>> Flickr.com.
- Then click on the “Create your Account” button at the top right corner of the page.
- You’ll be required to sign in with your Yahoo mail account and password.
- Then click on “Sign In” at the bottom right corner of the page.
- You’ll now have to choose your own Flickr username and password
- After that, you’ll now have to choose either a free or pro account.
- Once you’re done, you can now go ahead to add your personal photos, which you can, therefore, share with your friends online.
How to Make use of Flickr Account
In order to fully access Flickr account after the signup, you first need to add friends when you log into your account. To log in, you’ll need your Yahoo username and password to do so. When the Flickr homepage appears, you’ll have to click on “Contacts” which is located at the top corner of the page > you’ll then be provided with several options like contact list, people search, invite history, etc. > click on “Invite Your Friends” located under the Contacts icon > after that, you’ll then be redirected to a page where you’ll have to invite friends either from your Yahoo or Gmail accounts > then click on the “Go” button > select the contacts you wish to invite > an email will then be sent to those contacts notifying and telling them about the Flickr website > Once they click on the link and accept your invitation, they’ll be added to your contact lists.
You can also send photos to the people with whom you have invited to become your friends. In order to add your photos online, you’ll have to click on the button “Upload Photos and Video” located at the right side of the page > click on “Choose Photos and Videos” > after that, a new window will now appear where you’ll have to browse your files > select the photos you want to upload and click “Open”. To select other photos, you’ll have to click on “Add More” at the bottom of the box in the screen and then follow the steps as stated above.
If you’ve uploaded your photos/videos, you can set limitations on users you want to view those photos or videos. You can either choose either the Public or Private options. If you select “Public,” then your photos will be viewed by everyone. But if you select “Private,” then you’ll have to either choose “Visible to Friends” or “Visible to Family.” You can also decide to select both options under the privacy settings.
Once you’ve finally highlighted your pictures, you can decide to add a text description to them. All you need is to click on “Add a Description” > write a text about the photos you have uploaded > then go to the bottom of the page and click “Save” to successfully add your photos to your Flickr account.
If you want to create a group, you’ll have to click on the “Create a New Group” link for you to be redirected to a new page > you’ll have to choose either to create a public group for everyone, a public group by invitation, or a private group that’ll be viewed by your family and friends > after choosing, you’ll then have to click on the “Create” button. Once you’ve created your group, you’ll now have to give a name and text description to your new group. But you have to make sure that the name you want to give to your group has not been already used by another user; otherwise, you’ll be notified to choose another name for your group. You can then click on the “Next” button if you’re through. You can then proceed and invite people to join the begin and start sharing photos with you.
If you no longer want your Flickr account, you can either delete the account directly or you can deactivate your account with Flickr’s parent site, Yahoo. Deleting your Flickr account is useful if you want a fresh start for your profile. Keep in mind that when you delete either your Flickr or Yahoo account, you’ll also be deleting your login information and would have to re-register in order to begin again.
How to Delete your Flickr Account
If you feel like you don’t need your Flickr account again, you can decide to delete or deactivate your account. Once you delete your account, your login information including your uploaded photos and videos will also be deleted, enabling you to re-register a new account if you want to. But it’ll be advisable for you to first cancel your subscription. So, therefore, see the steps below:
- You need to first log into your Flickr account with your Yahoo email and password.
- Then cancel your Pro subscription by going to the Settings > click on “View your order history” under the Personal Information tab > then click on the recycle bin icon to cancel the subscription.
- After that, click on “You” in the toolbar to return to the Flickr page.
- Click on “Camera Roll” to open your account.
- Then go to Settings, then scroll down and click on “Your Flickr account” icon.
- Click on “Delete your Flickr account.”
- Then confirm whether you’re ready to delete your account and click “OK.”
- After that, you’ll then have to enter your Flickr password.
- Click “Next” and then tap “Yes, I fully understand” to confirm your account deletion on the next screen.
- Then click “Delete my account” to finally terminate your Flickr account.
What’s your take on this? Just drop your Comment in the box below.