Set Up Donations on Twitch – Experienced Twitch broadcasters make money on the platform through various methods. Some of these payments include Bits, influencer marketing, and paid subscriptions.
Most influencer channels on Twitch also have ads, sponsorships, and affiliate sales. However, these aren’t the only ways to make money on Twitch -you set up donations via Streamlabs.
To set up Donations on Twitch through third-party services like Streamlabs or PayPal. This is because Twitch does not support donations directly.
When using PayPal, you must add a PayPal donate button on Twitch to start receiving donations.
First things first, you will need a PayPal account before you set up your donations. You can open a PayPal account here if you don’t have one yet.
Once you’ve successfully opened your account, the following guide will show you how to set up donations on Twitch using Streamlabs.
Setting up Donations on Twitch using Streamlabs
Streamlabs allows you to track all donations received on your Twitch channel. The system has automated tools, and the steps for setting up donations are easy.
To set up donations, you first need to have a PayPal account and connect it to Streamlabs. Here is how to set up donations on Twitch.
Connecting PayPal account to Streamlabs
To connect using your PayPal Account to streamland follow the steps below:
- Go to your Streamlabs Dashboard and click Donation Settings on the left panel.
- Choose your preferences for your donations by selecting PayPal.
- You need to connect to PayPal by inputting a valid account email address.
- Click Submit.
- Streamlabs will add your PayPal email address to your profile.
The next step is to link up PayPal on Twitch. On the Streamlabs dashboard, you will see a URL for your tip page. Copy the address because you will need to insert into your Twitch account.
You can use the same URL on your social media pages, emails, and websites. After copying the link, follow the steps below to add it to donations on Twitch.
Adding Streamlabs link for Twitch donations
For Adding Streamlabs links for Twitch Donations use the guide below:
- Open your Twitch channel and click on Edit Panels. You will see the tool below your video feed on the left of your screen.
- You will see a Plus (+) icon. Click on its field in your Twitch channel.
- On the right side of your screen, click on Add a Text or Image Panel.
When you are setting up a Twitch donation option, you can either use a link or an image. The image is a donation button on Twitch.
Using donation buttons
The best way of using a button for your Streamlabs donation link is to have an image that measures 320 pixels wide.
Twitch will use the image as your graphic for donations. You can still use a bigger or smaller image. Twitch will scale it accordingly.
- After clicking on Add a Text or Image Panel, click on the Add image link.
- Paste the URL link you copied from Streamlabs under the “Image Links To” field.
- Click Submit to enable donations.
- Turn off Edit Panels and continue streaming.
If you do not have an image, you can copy the URL under the Descriptions field and click Submit. But when you set up PayPal for Twitch, consider using a button mostly because it looks more presentable.
You can set up donations on Twitch using third-party services like PayPal and Streamlabs. Donations are handy, especially if you don’t want to interrupt viewers with multiple ads in between streams.
While at it, it is important to note that a donation button alone won’t add some dollars to your account. You’ll just have to put in some work to get viewers who love your streams and can easily donate for you.
Kindly make use of our comment section below for more inquiries on How to Set Up Donations on Twitch Using Streamlabs…Also Use the Share Icon Button to Share this Post as Sharing Is Caring….