Facebook messenger is now considered as the most popular platform which is now used to connect with people as fast as possible anytime and anywhere. It is essential that you get the messenger app installed on your device so as to be able to access the Facebook messenger. In order to set up Facebook Messenger account, you just need to follow the procedures provided for you on this site.
With the new Facebook messenger app, it is now quite easier for you to add friends, send messages, or even engage in chats with them. Irrespective of the fact that accessing this messenger app has been somewhat difficult for most users, the case is not the same currently. Now, I’m going to show you how you can be able to set up Facebook messenger account.
Steps to Set Up Facebook Messenger Account
Using the step-by-step method provided below, you can be able to set up Facebook messenger account swiftly.
- At first, you have to install Facebook Messenger on your device.
- Then tap on the app to open.
- Then select “I don’t have a Facebook account” and then click on “Continue.”
- You’ll need to click on Continue again. Once you’ve done that, Messenger will then send you an SMS verification code.
- Then enter your Phone number and then click on “Continue.”
Now, you’ve finally created your Facebook Messenger account. You’ll then have to proceed with the access.
Start by Adding Friends
The first thing that comes to the line is how you can be able to add fiends on your Facebook Messenger account. In order to do this, there are about three methods involved; either by using your phone’s contacts list, by entering a specific phone number, or probably by scanning another Facebook Messenger user’s “Add” code. I’m just going to show you the steps to do this.
- In order to add friends from your Phone Contacts, you’ll first have to open the Facebook Messenger.
- Then enter your Phone number and your password to log in.
- Go to the Home tab and tap on the “Profile” icon.
- Then select “People.”
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll then have to Sync your contacts. By doing this, you’re adding Messenger users in your contact list to your Messenger account.
If you wish to use another method by adding a Phone number, follow the steps below:
- Open your Facebook Messenger app.
- Locate the “People” tab and tap on it.
- You’ll see the + sign which stipulates “Add.” Still tap on the option.
- The next step is for you to enter the Phone number you want to add.
- After that, tap on “Save” in the top right corner. This will therefore search for the user with that number you added.
- Once you’ve seen the user, just tap on the “Add” option to add the person.
- After which you’ve added the person, you’ll then have to send a message to the person to indicate that you’ve added them to your friend’s list.
Note: Should there be a case where the number you added doesn’t match any profile on messenger, you’ll then have to invite the contact to join Messenger.
Using the Scanning Code method, there are also steps for you to add friends on Messenger. See below:
- First open your Facebook Messenger app.
- Tap on the “People” tab.
- Then tap “Scan Code” or “Scan Messenger Code” at the top corner of the screen.
- You must make sure the user you want to add already have also follows the step with you. By tapping on the People tab > Scan Code > then tap My Code at the top corner of the screen.
- The next thing you’ll do is to point your Phone’s camera at the user’s code, and to be shown in your screen.
- After that, tap “Add on Messenger” to add the user to your Messenger friend’s list.
How to Delete Facebook Messenger Account
In order to delete your Facebook Messenger account, this does not delete the account from Facebook; it just removes the login information from the app. You have to follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook Messenger app.
- Tap on your profile.
- Tap “Switch Accounts.”
- Select Remove account.
- To confirm, tap “Remove.”
There are some cases where you’ll like to deactivate or delete your Facebook Messenger account. Which anyone you would like, there are steps to do this.
To deactivate your Facebook Messenger account, you have to Open the Messenger > Tap your Profile Picture > Then select Privacy & Terms > then Deactivate Messenger. You’ll be required to input your password and then tap “Continue” > after that, tap on “Deactivate.”
Click here to download app on Play Store >>> messenger/play.google.com
Download on Apple Store >>> itunes.apple.com/messenger
Download for MAC >>> mac messenger download
Download for Windows Phone >>> download for windows phone
Download on Blackberry World >>> blackberry/download
Download for Windows PC >>> PC download
Was this helpful? You can leave your Comment in the box below. And also Share this post.