Do you know you can use Google as a social media platform? All you need to do is to enable Google+ once you sign up to your Gmail account. With the Google+ Hangout app, you can be able to engage in an interesting conversation with friends. One exciting feature about the Google+ Hangouts app is that you can be able to conduct group video chats, text chats, share captured photos, etc.
Apart from the fact that Hangouts already have a built-in app in Android device, you can still set it up on your Windows PC, MacOS, and even your iPhone. Just like normal social service platform, Hangout also enables you to add friends or groups, where you can be able to create and send direct messages. Not only that, you can also share files while having a conversation with someone. Everything you need to know about Google+ Hangout app has been detailed for you on this site.
Steps Required to Set Up Google+ Hangout App
If you want to know how to launch and make use of the Google+ Hangout app, you have to follow the steps provided for you below.
- You have to, first of all, install the app on your device.
- Once you’ve done that, just tap on the app to open.
- Once the app has opened, click on the “Sign into your Google account” button to set it up with your Google account. But if you don’t have existing account, click on the “New” button to create a new Google account.
- You’ll be requested to enter your email address and password in the fields provided.
- Once you’ve signed in, you can now start making use of the Hangouts app to chat.
How can I Engage in Chats on Hangouts?
To open your chat, you’ll first need to go to the Hangouts Chat where you’ll be able to send direct messages to a person or a group.
To send a direct message to someone or a group, just click on the “Open Chat” icon > click find people or find room > then enter a name(s), email(s), or contact(s) of the recipient > enter your direct message > then click “Send.”
You can also decide to add images and documents you want to send to someone in your conversations. If you want to know how to send files, click on “File upload” > then click “Send” once you’ve chosen the file you want to send.
And also, you can startup your chat by joining a room if you feel like. This is a place where you can be able to participate in a conversation with lots of friends. To join a room, go to the room and click Preview > then click Join.
If you want to see members in the room you’ve joined, simply open the room > click the down arrow > then tap on View members.
You can also decide to invite someone into a room. In order to do this, you just have to click Add People & Bots > then enter a name or email address of the person. You can also decide to notify people you want to. You can do this by tapping on the checkbox on “Notify people via email.” If you decide not to notify the person, you can uncheck the box also.
Although, if you decide to remove yourself from a room, there are steps you need to follow to do so. To do so, select the room name > click the drop-down arrow > then click “Leave room.”
Note: If you feel like you want to delete your new conversations, you can do that by turning off your conversation history.
How to Delete your Google+ Hangout Profile
If you want to delete your profile from the Google+, just read below to see the steps to do this.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the window.
- Then click “Account.”
- Go to the “Data Tools” tab.
- Search for “Account management.”
- Click the link next to it that reads “Delete Google+ profile and features.”
- Once you see the delete confirmation page, you’ll be asked if it’s okay to delete your “Google Profile.”
- For confirmation, check the box stated: “Yes, I understand that deleting the Google profile for ‘Your Name’.”
- Then finally, click on “Remove selected services.”
If you want to download this app, you have to follow the links below depending on the kind of device you’re using.
To download the app for Android, click here >> play.google.com/store/
Download for iPhones >> iTunes.apple/app/hangouts
Download for MacOS >> downiTunesGoogle-Hangouts
Then for your Windows PC, click here >> google_hangout.
You can drop your Comment in the box. And also Share this post.