It is quite easier for you to be able to set up Hushmail account on computer devices, especially when it has to do with Mac Computers. With this, you’ll be able to access your Hushmail account anytime you feel like without going through the process of login anytime you want to check any email being sent to your Husmail account.
Irrespective of the fact that the steps been detailed for you has to do with that of your Mac Computer, but you can still perform this action if you have access to Microsoft Outlook on your Computer. Although, in as much as the fact that some information differs from both on this process, both have the same motive of enabling you to access your Hushmail account on the device succinctly. This site has packaged for you the guideline for you to set up Hushmail account on computer devices.
Steps to Set up Hushmail Account on Computer
To know how to set up Hushmail account on computer devices, you need to follow step-by-step method listed for you below.
- On your Mac computer, you’ll have to go to the Mail application and click on the “Mail” icon.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll then have to select the “Preferences” option.
- Under the option, you have to click on the “Accounts” option and tap on the + button.
- Then select “Other Mail Account” option.
- After that, just click on “Continue.”
- The next thing to do is to enter your information like; Name, Email address, and your Hushmail passphrase in your password field.
- Once you’re done with that, you can now click on the “Sign in” icon.
- After you’ve followed the steps above and your account name and password was unable to verify, you then have to enter additional information and then click on the “Sign in” option.
- If it’s been successfully done, you’ll be redirected to the next screen where you’ll have to select the “Mail” option.
- Finally, you can then click on the “Done” button. This will now state that your Hushmail account has been successfully added to the Mac Mail.
Prior to the 8th step, the additional information required from you has to do with the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers, which should be hushmail.com on both.
After you’ve successfully added your Hushmail account to your Mac and you still find it hard sending email, there is an alternative SMTP server setting for you to troubleshoot the problem.
The Alternative SMTP Server 1 should have hushmail.com as its server hostname, Port 587, and SSL enabled. As for the Alternative SMTP Server 2; the hostname is still hushmail.com, SSL also enabled, while the Port is 465.
If you’re able to gain access to Microsoft Outlook on your computer, you should use this step:
- On your computer, you just have to open Microsoft Outlook and click on the “File” option at the top left corner.
- Under the option, go to the Info option and then select “Account settings.”
- After that, click on the “New” option.
- You’ll then have to enter your information relating to your Name, Email address, and the Passphrase in the password field.
- Once it’s done, you then have to select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and then click on the “Next” icon.
- The next thing to do is to select the “Internet E-mail” option and then click on the “Next” icon.
- Then enter your information which has to do with your User information, Server information, and then the Login information.
- After that, you’ll then have to click on “More settings” option.
- Then go to the Outgoing Server and select the checkbox “My outgoing mail server or incoming mail server (SMTP) requires authentication”
- You then have to make changes to the Advanced Tab and then click “Ok.”
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll then have to click on the “Finish” icon.
- After that, click on the “Close” icon.
As for the 7th step, the User information needed is your name while the E-mail address is just your email account. As for the Server information; the Account type is IMAP, the Incoming and Outgoing mail servers is hushmail.com. Then for the login information; your Username is your email address, while the password is your passphrase.
If after the account set up and configuration you still find it difficult to send email, you’ll have to try the Alternate SMTP server settings.
As for the Alternate SMTP server 1; the Server hostname is smtp.hushmail.com, the Port is 587, while the SSL should be enabled. Then for the Alternate SMTP server 2; the Server hostname is still smtp.hushmail.com, the Port is 465, while the SSL should also be enabled.
Now you now know how you can easily configure and set up Hushmail account, you can therefore leave your Comment in the box below.