Recently bought an iPhone or probably wish to recover all your lost facebook contacts but don’t know how to go about it? You can just do that by syncing the contact information of your Facebook friends with the contacts list on your iPhone. Syncing helps you save the stress of trying to meet a friend first before you can be able to collect and store their lines in your new iPhone, or waiting for them to call ‘To God knows when’. This site will guide you on how to Sync Your Facebook Contacts with iPhone.
Just like your normal contacts, you can equally Syn Your Facebook Contacts with iPhone with just a simple operation. Automatic syncing cannot detect duplicate contacts in your list. All you need is to have an active data or Wi-Fi connection to sync the contacts. You may disable syncing at any time from the Facebook for iPhone application.
Steps that will Help You Sync Your Facebook Contacts with iPhone
Given below are certain steps that you can follow to sync the contacts in your social media profile like Facebook:
- Click on the App store icon on your iPhone.
- Use the search bar at the store to search for the Facebook app.
- Follow the required steps to install the application on your phone by entering your Apple ID.
- After the installation, no need login in through the phone’s browser, because you already have the app on your phone for quick and easy access.
- The next step is to tap on the “Settings” icon of your phone and scroll down to where you see “Facebook”.
- You will now see “sign-in” to the social media network.
- Once you login to Facebook, you can check a short run-down of various features that you can switch “On” and “Off”.
- The next step is to automatically sync all the contacts in your Facebook account.
- Once the sync is over, you can check out all the names of your friends, complete with their numbers and Facebook profile photos in your “Contacts” application.
When you gain new Facebook friends or your friends update their contact information, and you still not get the updates automatically in your contact list, look at what you’ll do:
- Update information on your phone by choosing “Settings”, tapping on “Facebook”
- Then tap on “Update all Contacts”.
So, if you already have the number of some friends in your contact list, you will have a double set of their numbers. However, you can merge all those contacts or can delete those manually. To merge the duplicate contacts:
- You need to go to the contact page and tap on “Edit” icon at the top right-hand side.
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will find “Linked Contacts”. Just tap the “+” icon next to Link Contact.
- Now you just need to choose the contacts from the list that you want to merge.
Sync Facebook Contacts with iPhone By Using Settings
By signing in your Facebook account on your iPhone, you can easily Sync Your Facebook Contacts with iPhone. Calendars can also be synced too. Now, follow the easy steps below:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone. Scroll down to find Facebook, and click on it.
- Enter your Facebook email and password. Then, click “Sign in”.
- Next is to turn on Contacts and Calendars.
- Then Update All Contacts to sync.
Hope this served? Let’s have your take on this by dropping your comment below. And don’t equally forget to Share.