Pidgin is considered one of the best Instant Messengers on the internet, which supports Windows, Mac, and Linux devices. Once you launch the Pidgin Instant Messenger app on your device, you can be able to use it and chat with your friends on Facebook, Yahoo, GTalk, etc. All you need do is to link these accounts to your Pidgin and ensure your friends are online to start chatting with them online. This site has detailed for you how you can add other accounts on Pidgin Instant Messenger chat and start chatting with your friends.
You have to make sure that you have the right software configured before you start making use of Pidgin. Just like your normal chat, Pidgin saves the last conversation you had with a particular person and retrieves it when you start a new session with that same person. You can set the opacity of the Pidgin main window or IM conversation window. You can also set any of the two windows to be always on top so that you can keep an eye on whose online and what your friend send without switching windows.
How can I Add an Account on Pidgin Instant Messenger App?
Depending on the type of account you’re making use of, whether Facebook, GTalk, Yahoo, SmartMail, Myspace, and more, there are steps required for you to add any of these accounts on your Pidgin Instant Messenger app.
- At first, you need to launch your Pidgin app.
- Go to the Accounts menu.
- Click on “Manage Accounts” and then tap “Add.”
- You’ll then have to select XMPP in the Protocol field. But you have to bear in mind that not all mail accounts support XMPP. For instance; if you’re adding your Facebook account you just have to add only “Facebook” and then forget about the XMPP associated with it. While mail accounts like SmartMail make use of XMPP.
- The next step is to enter your account’s Username.
- Then enter your Password, and then select “Remember Password” in the checkbox.
- After that, you’ll now click on the “Add” icon below to finally add your account.
If you’re required to forge ahead with the connection settings, you can still go to the Advanced Tab to do that. You just have to select “Use Encryption” in the Connection Security field if it’s available. And also, you’ll then have to enter your server address in the Connect Server field.
After logging in to your account(s), you have to make sure that you don’t share your folder with anyone. So if you selected “Remember Password” in the account set up, you have to be aware that you’ll be automatically logged in without requesting for a password once you open your account. So it’s either you reset it to “Do not remember Password” or you probably log out anytime you’re through.
How can I Start Chatting with Friends?
- Before you start chatting, you have to open a chat window where you’ll see who’s online. Then you’ll have to click on the friend’s name to start up a chat with the person.
- If you want to compose a message, you’ll see your message text box at the bottom section for you to start typing your messages. To send your message, just click on the Enter button on your keyboard.
- You’ll also see your friend’s reply after you’ve sent your message. Even if you’re not with your device at the moment, you’ll hear a notification tone indicating that a reply has been sent to you.
How to Delete Accounts in Pidgin
If you decide to delete any of your accounts in the Pidgin Instant Messenger app, you have to follow the steps provided for you below.
- The first step you need to take is to open your Pidgin app.
- Then click “Accounts” where you’ll see Add/Edit accounts.
- Select the account you would like to delete in the Accounts window.
- Then click “Delete” to confirm.
To download the Pidgin app, just click on this link >> https://pidgin.en.softonic.com/
Was that helpful? You can leave your Comment below. You’re also free to Share this post.