You may not know that apart from the use of a modem, you can be able to access the internet on your PC with the use of USB Tethering & Mobile Hotspot. This is an intimate way to share your Android device’s cellular connection to a computer and activate the tethering feature, which allows the device to serve as a possible router.
Tethering is the sharing of a mobile device’s internet connection with other connected computers. This connection can be done over Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), over Bluetooth, or by physical connection using the USB cable. This site focused more on the USB Tethering & Mobile Hotspot and has packaged for you the necessary steps required for you to be able to connect and be making use of it.
Connect the USB Tethering & Mobile Hotspot
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- First, connect a USB cable from your phone to your computer
- Go to the home screen of your device and tap “Settings”
- Go to the “Connections” tab and then click on “Tethering and portable hotspot”
- You will see wi-fi hotspot, USB tethering, Bluetooth tethering, and hotspot & tethering settings. To share your connection, switch on the wi-fi hotspot, and equally select the USB tethering checkbox
- Then go back to your ‘mobile networks’ and switch on your mobile connection. Then start surfing the net on your laptop with the help of your Android device
Note: You can be able to secure your wi-fi hotspot to avoid your data being used by another unknown user. Go to<settings< Tethering and portable hotspot<wi-fi hotspot<setup wi-fi hotspot, there you will see a default network SSID placed on it, also a default security, and equally a provided space for a password. Select your password by choosing a strong code and then click ‘save’
Was this helpful? Drop your comment below in the box, and share.