Whatsapp has grown to be amongst the major popular social media platform with quite some interesting attributes. With this App, one can be able to send messages, not just messages, but also transfer files like pictures, music, videos, etc. One certain thing is for you to be mindful of the data being consumed by accessing these features, and learn how you can be able to minimize your Whatsapp data usage.
Sending of photos, music, and videos on normal cellular data tend to consume your data which you can’t imagine. This is one of the problems being faced by most Whatsapp users. Even though you have a fully subscribed data, and you didn’t minimize your Whatsapp data usage, be sure not to have a lasting data subscription. So in this post, I’m going to show you how you can be able to minimize your Whatsapp data usage.
How to Minimize Your Whatsapp Data Usage
There are various options which you need to embark on, whereby each of them has their own respective steps. See below.
De-activate the Media Auto-downloading
This is another data chunk-up feature. Sometimes you have to wonder why you have many files on saved on your phone via Whatsapp which you know that you didn’t authorize. That is because there is something missing in your settings which you’ve not configured, which is the auto-downloading of media. With this feature enabled, be sure to lose lots of data. Given the prospect that some of your friends like to upload media files on the Group Chats, which automatically saves to your phone. So here are the steps to take in order to de-activate this:
- The first thing to do is to go to “Settings.”
- Then click on “Data and storage usage.”
- After that, click on “When using Mobile Data.”
- List of media files (Photos, Audio, Videos, and Documents) will appear with a column box. Then unmark the media files that you don’t want to be downloading automatically and then click “OK.”
Note: There may be a situation whereby you have to grant access to media auto-download, so it’s better you allow on Wi-Fi only as this doesn’t require data.
- Go to the same Settings on your Whatsapp.
- Still, click on “Data and storage usage.”
- Click on “When connected to Wi-Fi.”
- If the files are unmarked, you can mark them on the box provided and then click “OK.” If you don’t need the media files you can just leave them unmarked.
Read More: Create Your New Whatsapp Payment
Configure Your Whatsapp Call Settings.
With Whatsapp, you can be able to make calls, which costs you some data irrespective of the network coverage and connection. To limit this, there are some few steps for you:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Data and storage usage.
- Then scroll down, where you’ll see CALL SETTINGS>>Low data usage.
- Then click on the small column provided for you.
Configure Your Chat Backup
Chat backup lets you restore your messages and media to Google Drive. This again requires data to do so. But with some few steps, you can set it to Wi-Fi to reduce your data usage.
- Go to your Whatsapp Settings.
- Then click on “Chats.”
- Tap on “Chat backup.”
- Scroll down and locate “Backup Over.”
- You’ll see two options (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi or cellular)
- Then select Wi-Fi.
See how easy it is! Leave a Comment below for more Clarification.