Getting the Nigeria E-Passport Application General Procedure perfectly is just as simple as anything. So you don’t have to spend much by paying someone to apply for your e-passport.
That is why this site is always available to give you the right information you wish to know anytime.
Sometimes you need to ask yourself “why do i keep giving money for someone to process my e-passport for me?” when you know that you also can do it yourself with just small amount of money.
All you need is just a vital tip on the guidelines to follow. We have made available the E-passport Application General Procedure just for you.
Nigeria E-Passport Application General Procedure to get your passport ready:
- Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal
- Locate & click on the appropriate application form to start the process:
Nigeria E-Passport Application Form
- MRP – Passport Application Form (Not Applicable In All Missions)
- Select a passport type “Standard e-Passport” OR “Official e-Passport”, then click on ‘Start Application’ button.
- Fill the Application form; check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’ check box then click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’
- Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
- Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button
- Choose the currency you want to use for payment (Naira or US Dollars):
If you selected option to pay in Naira, you will be prompted to select Pay Type (payment method): “Bank”, “Credit OR Debit card”,
- If you intend to pay at a bank, selected “Bank” and click continue,
- View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment Acknowledgment Slip” with Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number.
With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with an ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal. (For use of your Validation Number, see the section on Validation Number below)
If you intend to pay through Credit/Debit card, select “Credit/Debit card” and click continue, you will be required to fill in your log-in credentials. After filling in, click “Login” button and you will be sent to the payment portal for proceeding with the payment click the “PAY” button.
Payment portal display application details, click on “Continue” button.
You will be prompted to “Value Card” payment page, provide information of your card & Click on “OK” button.
After payment, the “Validation Number” is generated. Store it and use it to confirm the payment.
You can also print a receipt by clicking the “Print the Receipt” button.
Using your Validation Number
After payment, having obtained the “Validation Number”, proceed to the NIS portal for confirmation of payment:
Go to the “Query your Application Payment Status” and enter your Passport Application ID and Reference No.
If a “Validation Number” field appears, please enter the number from your ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt. Remember: Validation Number has been generated after payment through Bank also.
Click the “Search Record” button and you will be sent to the “Applicant’s Details” page where a date for your interview has been generated.
You can now print a Receipt or an Acknowledgement Slip by using the buttons on this page. (You will need them for your interview).
You will be presented with your NIS e-receipt or Acknowledgement Slip in a new window. Click on “Print” button to send a copy to the printer.
General Documents required for Interview:
Below are the general requirements needed for the interview
- Standard Passport
- Local Government letter of identification.
- Birth certificate/ age declaration.
- 2 recent color passport photographs
- Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
- Parents’ letter of consent for minors under 16 years
- Marriage certificate (where applicable)
- Police report in case of lost passport
After you have followed this Nigeria E-Passport Application General procedure above, you can now therefore submit the application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission.
you’ve seen that this is just simple for you to grasp. So, therefore, deviate from giving out money when you think you can’t process it yourself. following this step outlined, you surely can do it yourself.
Now you can proceed to get started with your Nigeria E-Passport registration and you can kindly make use of our comment section below for more inquiries…