Do you relish the opportunity to live and work in the US? The opportunity is just at your doorstep considering the fact that you are eligible. A US program otherwise known as the Diversity Visa Program provides an opportunity annually for immigrants in order to secure a visa for those that wish to live and work in the US. This site has prepared for you all you need to know about the US Green Card Application
This program is situated by the US Department of state and makes sure that there are Green Cards within the reach of eligible persons with the necessary requirements. If you turn out to be the lucky winner of the draw which will be conducted by the US State Department, then you’ll be selected only if you’re eligible!
The entry period for the Diversity Visa for the year 2019 has been closed on the 22nd of November, 2018. But we shall keep you informed prior to any development for the restart of a new program. In other words, entrants for the 2019 edition will on the of 15th May 2018, have to use their respective confirmation number to know if they are selected prior to receiving instructions to go-ahead with the application. After the process, about 50, 000 persons will be selected. So read below and know more about the US Green Card Application prior to eligibility and the rest.
What to Know About the US Green Card Application
Procedures below will guide you proceed with your US Green Card Application.
Firstly, you have to know whether you are eligible for this program before proceeding with the application process. So, therefore, we shall outline the countries that are ineligible to apply for this program. Reason has been that as of 2010, the system changed stating that any country that has about 50, 000 immigrants in the US will be ineligible to apply for this program. Although, if you have a spouse that is born in any of the eligible countries, you can grab the opportunity by claiming the spouse to further your application. So, see the list of ineligible countries below.
List of ineligible countries to apply for US Via Lottery:
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- South Korea
- Uk (North Ireland excluded)
- You must possess a high school education
- Have a two year working experience within the past 5 years
- Must be 18 years and above
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Details of your Spouse and children (if you’re married)
- Email Address
- Current Passport Photographs
- Photograph of your Spouse and Children (if you’re married)
Note: You have to submit only One entry form to avoid disqualification.
The Application Process
- After the application entry form has been successfully submitted, a confirmation number which I already mentioned in this post will be sent to you.
- No fee is charged in order to enter the lottery. Only those that have been selected as winners are required to pay a given sum of money directly to the US Embassy on the day of their interview.
- Applicants are advised to print and save their confirmation page after their respective entry with their unique confirmation code in order to check the status of their entry.
- Applicants are also advised to desist from fraudulent sites, or emails claiming to help out with the application process in order to extract money from you. There’s nothing like such because you will be the one to process your application all by yourself.
To process your application, go to www.dvlottery.state.gov.
Was this helpful? You can drop your comment on the box below. Equally, share with friends.