Forget Whatsapp and others, Telegram is just probably the best social network you surely need to try out. With this social service, you can be able to send and receive messages, share photos, videos, GIFS, and even share large files online irrespective of the size. With an end-to-end encryption, Telegram is free, fast, simple, and makes your chats to be properly secured. The essence of this post is to help create Telegram Messenger account.
The telegram social service has a slight upgrade on Whatsapp in the sense that it provides you with cloud-based messages that you can be able to access on any connected devices. The supported mobile devices of Telegram are Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Ubuntu Touch. While that of desktop systems are Windows, MacOS, and Linux. You need to first learn how to create Telegram Messenger account before you can be able to use the service on any of the listed devices.
Steps to Create Telegram Messenger Account
For you to be able to create Telegram Messenger account, you need to follow the steps provided for you below.
- At first, you need to download and install Telegram on your device.
- Then launch the app by tapping on the app.
- You’ll then have to select your country name.
- Enter your country zip code and then your Phone number.
- Confirm your Phone number and tap “Next” to proceed.
- A confirmation code will be sent to you by Telegram.
- You’ll then have to enter the code been sent to confirm your registration.
- Once you’re done, you’ll then be logged in to your new Telegram account and your contact list will be sent to you showing you those that are using Telegram.
Now that you’ve known how to create your Telegram Messenger account, you now have to know how you can be able to use the service.
How to Chat on Telegram Messenger Account
You can start up your chat by selecting a friend that registered for Telegram account,
To send messages, you’ll have to type on the field provided for you at the bottom of the screen and hit the Send button. Not only that, you can be able to send images, videos, documents, contacts and even your current location to your friend on Telegram. There is also the prospect for you to change your chat background by going to the Settings.
- To make a secret chat, you just have to tap on your friend’s name at the top of the screen > tap on “Info” button > then go to the Self-District Timer settings > then select the time period you want.
- To lock your chats so that no one will have to access your chats without your permission. To do this, you’ll have to Go to the Settings > then Privacy and Security > set Passcode Lock >then tap “Enable.”
- If you want to turn off your message preview so that no other person can see or read your notifications, you just have to Go to Settings > over to Notifications and Sounds > then Turn off Message Preview.
- Just like Whatsapp, with Telegram, you can also hide your Last seen if you don’t want people to know when you logged in or out. In order to do this, you have to still Go to Settings > then to Privacy and security > then to Last Seen > here, you’ll now see options like Everybody, Contacts, and Nobody. You’ll then have to choose anyone to set your Last Seen.
- You can also decide to hide your Telegram media from your Gallery. You’ll notice that when you’re using Whatsapp, the media file been sent or received automatically saves to your Gallery. The case is the same with Telegram but can be changed. To hide the media files, simply go to Settings > then disable Save to Gallery. Then for iPhone device, go to Phone Settings > then to Privacy > move to Photos > then disable Telegram.
How to Delete Telegram Account
Although, if you feel like you want to delete your Telegram account, you’re also free to do that. See steps below:
- You need to go to my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate.
- Once the link appears, you’ll have to input your mobile number and tap “Next.”
- A confirmation code will be sent to you from Telegram. Enter the code and tap “Sign in.”
- Then tap “Deactivate account. A confirmation page will then appear.
- Then Tap “Done” and proceed.
- You’ll then state the reason why you want to deactivate the account.
- Then tap “Yes, delete my account” For your account to be finally deactivated.
Now that’s just how it’s done!
Now click here to download Telegram on Play Store >> play.google/telegram.messenger
Download on Apple Store >> itunes.apple.com/telegram-messenger
Download for PC >> telegram-for-desktop.en.softonic
Download for MacOS >> macos.telegram.org/
Download for Blackberry >> telegram-for-blackberry
Hope you were satisfied with the post? If you have anything to say you can drop your Comment in the box below. You can also Share this wonderful post.