eBay has become one of the biggest online business communication sites in the world currently. The site enables you to make a swift and successful bid on auctioned items and probably purchase one of your desired products as quickly as possible. Not only that, through eBay, you also stand the chance to become an online vendor thereby making it possible for you to sell or probably auction your own items to different people and different parts of the world. But one thing you have to note is that you have to first setup eBay account before you get started.
It is important that you register an account on eBay so to be confirmed as an official business partner of the company. This allows you to be able to make any legal business transaction on eBay. So, therefore, you need to open your web browser and follow the procedures which have been detailed for you on this site in order for you to be able to setup eBay account. Not only that, this site has also detailed for you how you can be able to customize your username, how to sell on eBay, and how to delete your eBay account if you wish to discontinue.
How to Setup eBay Account
The step-by-step method below will help you to successfully setup eBay account and proceed with your online business transactions.
- The first thing you need to do is to open your web browser and search www.ebay.com to open the official eBay homepage.
- Then you have to click on the “Register” icon located at the top left corner of the homepage to start your registration process.
- The next screen that appears will request you to enter your information, which has to do with your First and last names, Email address, and also a Password for your new account.
- The next screen that appears is your account where you’ll receive the Username been sent to by eBay which will serve as your main username.
- Click on “Continue” to be redirected back to the homepage.
- Once the homepage appears, you’ll see a welcome message indicating that you’ve successfully created your own eBay account.
Note: If you feel that you don’t like the User ID which has been given to you by eBay, you can still change/customize it to your preferred username.
How to Customize your eBay User ID/Username
In order to change/customize your own username, you have to follow the steps below.
- First, visit the homepage @ ebay.com.
- Then go to the Account menu located at the top left corner.
- You’ll then have to click on the “Account Settings” option.
- Once your account management page opens, you’ll then have to click on “Personal Information” located at the top left side of the page.
- Then click the “Edit” icon located near the right of your User ID.
- You’ll then be required to Sign in with your password in order to verify that you are the owner of the account.
- Then after that, you’ll now have to choose a new User ID and then click “Account” to verify.
- After that, click “Save” to finish.
Note: If the new username you choose has already been taken by another user, you’ll be notified so as to try another different one. And again, you have to bear in mind that any user ID you choose cannot be changed again until after every 30 days.
Before you can be able to make business transactions, you have to bear it in mind that you’ll have to provide your payment information. This information is what you’ll have to enter before you buy or sell anything. For instance; there are several kinds of payment options just like PayPal, Bitcoin, and others.
How to Sell on eBay
Once you’ve successfully setup eBay account, the next thing is for you to start selling and even buying. You’ll also have to provide more details on the selling prices, choosing your shipping options, and setting up your payment method after every sale. If you decide on selling items you no longer need, then you have to consider using your personal account option. You have to choose a business account if you want to sell large quantities or have items that you’ve made or bought to resell.
To start selling, click on “Sell” at the top corner of the page > then create a listing for any item you want to sell > then confirm your details. Your details will have to contain your payment method which you’ll have to choose for any eBay fees. Just like your account username customization set up, you’ll also be asked to verify your payment details by providing your credit card in order to secure your account.
How to Delete Your eBay Account
If you wish to discontinue from using your eBay account, you’ll have to delete the account once and for all to avoid been prone to hackers. In order to do this, you just have to follow the provided steps below.
- At first, you have to visit the site via ebay.com for the homepage to open.
- Then click “Sign in” located at the top left corner of the page.
- Then enter your email address and password.
- After that, go to the upper left corner of the page and select your name.
- Then click on the “Account settings” option at the upper left corner of the page and select your name.
- Click the “Account” tab located below “My eBay.”
- Then click “Close my Account.”
- Then scroll down and click “Request to close your Account” link.
- Click the “Select a Category” option so to be prompted to select a reason why you want to close your account.
- After that, click “Continue” located at the bottom of the page.on why you want to.
- Then confirm that you want to close your account, and equally click “Continue” at the bottom of the page also.
- Then check the “I read and understand the above information” box which indicates that you’ve read and agreed to the account closing term, and then click “Continue.”
Note: You have to bear in mind that your account will not be fully closed after seven days. So if you still want to recover it, you have within those days to do so.
Was that helpful? You can leave your Comment in the box below. And you’re also free to Share this post.