Are you bothered that you’re lost Phone? This is quite a worrisome issue for most users because they find it uneasy to recover their lost Phone simply because they don’t know to go about it. So far you have a Google account for tracking services or even a Wi-Fi network on the phone; there are few accessible steps that have been prepared for you in this site to help you track your lost Phone.
Nowadays, most Android Phones being produced has a built-in Find My Device service, which helps you to locate your lost Phone whenever it gets lost. Once this kind of problem occurs, all you need do is to use your PC or probably your friends’ Phone and track your lost Phone. So continue reading below and see how it works.
How to Track Your Lost Phone
Here, I’m going to show your different methods which you can use to track your lost Phone easily.
Use of Find My Device Service
Like I said before, this service is supported by most recent Android Phones. Don’t you have it on your Phone? Not an issue because it is available in Google Play Store for you to download. After that, there are steps which you need to take to get it activated.
- For those that don’t have access to the service on their Smartphone, go to Google Play Store and download Find My Device.
- Then go to the Settings.
- Click on Security.
- Click Device Administration.
- Then Click Find My Device.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click the back button again to return to the Settings menu.
- Tap Location in that Settings menu.
- Tap the switch Location at the screen top for it to turn on, and Click “Mode.”
- Tap High Accuracy for the circle to fill in.
- Then click on the back button at the top left corner.
- Click on Google Location History.
- Tap the switch under Location History for it to turn on.
- Then Tap the switch beside your phone for it to turn on.
Use Google to Locate Lost Phone
Log in to your Google account with your PC or a friend’s phone. Follow the steps below and see how to do it:
- Locate a Web Browser on your PC or the Phone.
- Go to Google homepage.
- Search for “Find my Phone Android” on the Google page.
- After that, enter your email address and password.
- Set up on your Google account if you have 2-step verification and then complete the process.
It’s just quick and easy!
Using Google Photos
With the use of Backup and Sync method of Google Photos, finding your phone is just an easy task. This feature will enable your photos to be uploaded to your Google Photos account. This method has its own steps:
- Visit photos.google.com
- Log in to your Google Account.
- Check if any pictures were taken after your device was stolen.
- If yes, then click on the image.
- Now, click on the info icon in the top right corner.
- In the appearing sidebar, you can now see the image’s information plus the location where it was taken.
Was that helpful? Drop your Comment Below and Share.