No doubt that we have substituted 2G to a 3G network is due to its fast browsing, but that shouldn’t take your mind away from the awesome internet speed of the 4G LTE. Like they say “Everybody likes good thing” but not everyone will have access to good stuff. It’s crystal clear that not every 3G Smartphone supports 4G LTE, but it is possible for you to transform your 3G Android device to 4G LTE.
Take for instance; if a user decides to a 3G SIM card and internet services, the device should be able to support 4G. Although, trying to use a 4G SIM Card in a 3G Smartphone makes the SIM access in a 3G mode figure. Given the fact that there is this kind of limitation, there are few methods which I’m going to show you which will help you transform your 3G Android device to 4G LTE. This is now made possible due to the new Reliance JIO which was publicized in India.
How to Transform Your 3G Android Device to 4G LTE
There are various kinds of options which have been put in place that will guide on how you can be able to transform your 3G Android Device to 4G LTE. Each procedure varies with steps and explained below:
This step will guide you on free-hand transformation without downloading an App:
- Insert your 4G SIM card in your Smartphone’s SIM SLOT 1
- Then go to Settings, and click on “Cellular Networks.”
- Choose your SIM Slot 1 and tap on “Network Operators” option. This will enable the SIM to search manually for available networks.
- Once it shows the list of available mobile network, tap on your SIM card’s 4G network to register your SIM card with the network.
- Allow some time to let SIM register to the network. Once it is registered, you can now be able to access 4G network with your 3G Smartphone.
This option is for rooted Android devices only. See steps below:
- Install the Xorware 2G/3G/4G Switcher and Xorware 2G/3G/4G Interface PRO.
- If successfully installed, run the Xorware Interface app.
- Click on the AppApp and go to Network settings and select network mode to 4G LTE.
- Save and apply the settings and restart the device. Once you’ve fully restarted it, you’ll then get a 4G connection in your device.
This option is for Moto G series phones without a 4G network. Follow the steps below:
- Open dialer pad and enter this USSD code: *#*#4636#*#*
- Once the code opens a MotoG engineering mode, click on “Phone information.”
- Scroll down and select “Set Preferred Network Type.”
- Then select “LTE/GSM auto” Option.
- After that, restart your device and enjoy a 4G network on your phone.
For Redmi IS Phones, follow the steps below:
- Open dialer pad on your phone and type *#*#4636#*#*
- The code will open Developers Option
- Scroll down below and you’ll get preferred network option
- Select any LTE option e.g., LTE/GSM auto
- Once the option is set, switch off your Smartphone and insert Jio 4G SIM card in slot 1
Now restart your phone and you’ll have Jio 4G SIM working on your Smartphone
This is otherwise known as the “Chipset mode.” By knowing which Chipset your phone runs, you can get started by first downloading the MTK Engineering Mode.
Note: You need to download and install the CPU-Z android App first in order to view the necessary information about your phone in order to know the Chipset processor to use.
Use of MediaTek Processor
- Then Download and install the Mtk Engineering Mode App from Google play to your MediaTek android phone
- Click on Mtk Settings where you will be redirected to your phone’s Engineering Mode.
- Scroll down and click Network selecting/Preferred Network
- You’ll have many options which will show you many network modes. Then choose 4G from it.
- Restart your device and make sure you have 4G SIM card in your device’s SIM Slot 1. You’ll get a 4G signal in your phone when it restarts.
Use of Qualcomm Chipset
- Download & Install Shortcut Master (Lite) app to access the Engineering mode on your Qualcomm device.
- Open the app and click on “Menu.”
- Then search for “service menu” or “engineering mode.”
- Once you get to the Engineering mode, scroll to change “LTE bands.”
- If you don’t see this option, Dial *#2263# then Select “Menu” and Click Back again then Select ‘Menu’.
- Now go to Key Input and Enter “0000”, and then Select “UE Setting” from Popup
- Now scroll to Configure Protocol via NAS >> Network Control >> Band Selection >> LTE Band. Then choose Band 40.
- Turn off the device, now, insert 4G in SIM slot 1 and restart it. 4G network will then appear on your 3G phone.
With the aforementioned alternatives, there is a high probability that your 3G phone can be compatible with a 4G.You can leave a Comment below for more Clarification.